THERE'S AN ORAL HEALTH CRISIS IN AMERICA
We are stakeholders in America's oral health and public health community. We are coming together to find common ground and developing unifying messages around six priority areas for strengthening oral health for all. There is a role for you.
The Alliance welcomes Friends and Partners to align efforts to assure optimal oral health for all and build on collective strengths for more effective impact.
Friends are individuals who support the mission, vision and values of the Alliance.
Partners are organizations that support the mission, vision, and values of the Alliance.
Friends and Partners:
• Promote and support the core principles, values, and working norms of the Alliance
• Activate networks, as appropriate, on relevant projects to improve oral health
• Contribute to the Alliance’s online catalogue of oral health projects and initiatives
• Participate in Alliance surveys and evaluations
• Participate in the Alliance’s e-community (Fall 2012)
• Receive periodic e-newsletters, issues alerts, updates
The Alliance believes we can make the greatest impact by focusing and aligning efforts on six priority areas to assure optimal oral health for all and build on collective strengths.
Which of the priorities below matter most to you? Please select two (2) priority areas. Be sure to provide your name and email address so we can contact you and connect you with others who have similar interests.
- PREVENTION AND PUBLIC HEALTH INFRASTRUCTURE
Strengthen national, state and local dental health infrastructures and support community-based prevention activities.
- ORAL HEALTH LITERACY
Develop and disseminate evidence-based, culturally-competent tools and campaigns to increase the oral health literacy of diverse populations.
- MEDICAL AND DENTAL COLLABORATION
Expand the number and types of health professionals providing preventive oral health services, and engage cross-disciplinary training programs.
- METRICS FOR IMPROVING ORAL HEALTH
Implement a robust system of objective and reliable measurements.
- FINANCING MODELS
Design and evaluate public-private financing models that promote optimal oral health.
- STRENGTHENING THE DENTAL CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
Advance dental delivery systems that promote population health, including a well-trained, diverse dental workforce.